Insult-happy American Idol fans, rejoice! Simon Cowell (left) is staying put — and for quite a while. Fox announced today that both the acid-tongued judge and the show he helped turn into a ratings — and radio — juggernaut will be around for at least five more installments (counting the one that premieres this January). Apparently, Idol creator Simon Fuller decided that little copyright-infringement lawsuit against Cowell wasn’t that big a deal after all (the suit was settled quietly out of court). You know what this means, people? More Kellys, Clays, Carries, and Bos! Can you stand the excitement? I can’t. I’m already attempting to program my TiVo a half-decade in advance.
Nov 29 2005 10:50 PM ET
Simon will return to 'American Idol'
- 'Voice' season 4: And the winner is...
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' top 20 is...
- 'Channing All Over Your Tatum': Kimmel clip
- Selma Blair exits 'Anger Management'
- Miss USA 2013: Our recap in pictures
- Armie Hammer: No 'Fifty Shades' for me
- 'Dumb and Dumber' sequel finds new home
- 'Man of Steel' gets religion?