Rumor of the day: According to New York Daily News gossip columnists Rush & Molloy (third item), the makers of the upcoming Dreamgirls movie have cast a star of the third season of American Idol in the key role of Effie, but it’s Jennifer Hudson, not Fantasia. Ms. Barrino had the support of some big names, including the already-cast Jamie Foxx, but the Daily News quotes Hudson as saying, ”They said they wanted me. They said I was born for this.” Just for the record, I called this one six months ago. And I am telling you, I am not gloating.
Has an 'Idol' landed key 'Dreamgirls' role?
- 'Spider-Man' spin-offs: Heroes and villains
- 'Normal Heart': First Look photo
- 'Once Upon a Time' preview: 'Peter Pan never fails'
- 2013 Apocalypse Movie Quiz: Show what you know!
- Beyonce 'Visual Album': Preview the videos/songs
- Tina + Amy: Darth Vader has two mommies?
- Jon Hamm interviews (former student) Ellie Kemper
- 'Hobbit: the Desolation of Smaug': EW review
Top 5 Most Read
- Disney Channel plans original movie 'Descendants,' featuring teenage kids of classic villains
- Golden Globes: Alfonso Cuaron on his bumpy 'Gravity' journey and the inaccuracy you never noticed
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: Stand Up and Take It
- Beyonce releases surprise album
- 'Scandal' recap: 'The Devil Came In'