Rumor of the day: According to New York Daily News gossip columnists Rush & Molloy (third item), the makers of the upcoming Dreamgirls movie have cast a star of the third season of American Idol in the key role of Effie, but it’s Jennifer Hudson, not Fantasia. Ms. Barrino had the support of some big names, including the already-cast Jamie Foxx, but the Daily News quotes Hudson as saying, ”They said they wanted me. They said I was born for this.” Just for the record, I called this one six months ago. And I am telling you, I am not gloating.
Has an 'Idol' landed key 'Dreamgirls' role?
- Johnny Depp + Kevin Smith for 'Yoga Hosers'
- 'Agents of SHIELD' gig for Adrianne Palicki
- 'Outlander' ratings steady; 'Leftovers' rises
- 'Agents of SHIELD' cryptic L.A. billboard
- 'Arrow' casts Matt Ward as villain Komodo
- Benedict Cumberbatch in WB's 'Jungle Book'
- Richard Branson to visit 'The Simpsons'
- 'Once Upon a Time' casting for Belle's mom
- 'Arrow' retitles Felicity-centric episode
- Chris Pratt posts photo of van he lived in