Rumor of the day: According to New York Daily News gossip columnists Rush & Molloy (third item), the makers of the upcoming Dreamgirls movie have cast a star of the third season of American Idol in the key role of Effie, but it’s Jennifer Hudson, not Fantasia. Ms. Barrino had the support of some big names, including the already-cast Jamie Foxx, but the Daily News quotes Hudson as saying, ”They said they wanted me. They said I was born for this.” Just for the record, I called this one six months ago. And I am telling you, I am not gloating.
Has an 'Idol' landed key 'Dreamgirls' role?
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps; see pics from set
- 'Colbert Report' to end Dec. 18
- Reality TV: A genre running out of steam?
- Jack Kirby credit added to Marvel Comics
- Bob Dylan to release covers album in 2015
- Paul Reubens says Pee-wee movie is on
- Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie series to AMC
- 'Arrested Development': A season 4 remix?
- Netflix: See what's new for November
- 'Game of Thrones' actors sign on for season 7