Rumor of the day: According to New York Daily News gossip columnists Rush & Molloy (third item), the makers of the upcoming Dreamgirls movie have cast a star of the third season of American Idol in the key role of Effie, but it’s Jennifer Hudson, not Fantasia. Ms. Barrino had the support of some big names, including the already-cast Jamie Foxx, but the Daily News quotes Hudson as saying, ”They said they wanted me. They said I was born for this.” Just for the record, I called this one six months ago. And I am telling you, I am not gloating.
Has an 'Idol' landed key 'Dreamgirls' role?
- 'Survivor': Eliminated contestant is...
- 'MasterChef' judge Joe Bastianich to exit
- Creed's Scott Stapp to fans: I'm 'penniless'
- 'Assassin's Creed: Unity' fans get an apology
- Drew Carey among CBS 12:35 a.m. fill-ins
- Alfonso Ribeiro wins 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Kevin Smith to cameo in his own biopic
- Joni Mitchell: I nixed film with Taylor Swift
- 'Sherlock' first photo from new special
- 'Hart of Dixie' return moved up to Dec. 15