You might have to wait a bit longer for your next helping of fava beans and Chianti. The fourth Hannibal Lecter novel has been delayed from this fall until at least next spring. While these kind of hold-ups happen often with potential blockbuster books, the weird thing is that a film version of Behind the Mask, a prequel that shows a young Hannibal Lecter in his 20s in Lithuania, starts filming in Eastern Europe Oct. 10, with a screenplay based on the book that has yet to be completed. Both versions of Behind the Mask are being written by Thomas Harris, author of Red Dragon, The Silence of the Lambs, and Hannibal.
New Hannibal prequel delayed
- Sony hires real-life inspiration for Olivia Pope
- 'Hannibal': Michael Pitt out, Joe Anderson in
- Sony CEO: We've 'not caved, not given in'
- Obama: 'A mistake' to pull 'The Interview'
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- 'Once Upon a Time' casts Ernie Hudson as...
- 'White Collar' series finale: How it ended
- David Schwimmer cast as Robert Kardashian
- Kate Upton is People 'Sexiest Woman Alive'
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks