Hey, celebs: If you were born in the U.K. or its Commonwealth, you’re eligible for immortalization on the new Avenue of the Stars, London’s answer to Hollywood Blvd. The selection committee has released the names of the first 18 honorees, living and dead, including: Laurence Olivier, The Rolling Stones (but not the Beatles?), Charlie Chaplin, Ricky Gervais, Alfred Hitchcock, John Cleese (but not the rest of Monty Python?), Dame Edna, a few folks no one in America has heard of (Ant and Dec, Tommy Cooper), and Nicole Kidman (wasn’t she born in Honolulu?). Clearly, the committee needs help. PopWatch readers, do your thing.
Aug 17 2005 01:16 PM ET
Who should be on the British Walk of Fame?
- 'DWTS' poll: Who deserves to win?
- 'Voice' dedicates song to tornado victims
- CBS takes 2012-13 ratings crown from Fox
- Justin Bieber booed: Will he listen?
- Bon Jovi to Bieber: Don't be late!
- 'SNL' Host of the Year: Vote!
- Jennifer Lawrence in 'X-Men': New photo
- 'Buffy': 10th anniversary of series finale