Sean Combs is back with a new name this week, and though expectations were high, the results are less than scintillating. While ”Diddy” scores points for brevity and ease of pronunciation, it lacks the zippy charm of the groundbreaking ”Puff Daddy,” and fails to expound the themes of his most recent moniker, ”P. Diddy.” Achieving neither the audaciousness of Prince’s unpronounceable symbol, nor the sly mystic qualities of Madonna’s ”Madge,” Combs might just as well have called himself ”Duddy.” Maybe next time.
Combs re-dubs himself... again
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': Top $$ of '14
- 'Doctor Who': Sam Anderson on his debut
- 'Big Brother': 'Team America voted me out'
- Big Brother': 4 Q's for Julie Chen
- 'New Girl' has a new guy: Julian Morris
- 'Arrow' casts Amy Gumenick as Cupid
- 'Reign' portrait: Mary, Francis, Mary's legs
- 'Greatest American Hero' reboot eyed at Fox
- 'Longmire' axed by A&E after three seasons
- San Diego tax nix; Comic-Con's next move?