Sean Combs is back with a new name this week, and though expectations were high, the results are less than scintillating. While ”Diddy” scores points for brevity and ease of pronunciation, it lacks the zippy charm of the groundbreaking ”Puff Daddy,” and fails to expound the themes of his most recent moniker, ”P. Diddy.” Achieving neither the audaciousness of Prince’s unpronounceable symbol, nor the sly mystic qualities of Madonna’s ”Madge,” Combs might just as well have called himself ”Duddy.” Maybe next time.
Combs re-dubs himself... again
- David Tennant cast as 'Jessica Jones' villain
- Blink-182: Tom DeLonge's 'been exposed'
- Emma Watson as 'Beauty and the Beast' Belle
- 'Frozen' pair to write an NPH Oscars number
- 'Chicago P.D.' role for 'Shameless' alum
- Sam Smith's 'Stay With Me' = Tom Petty cash
- 'Rush Hour,' 2 more pilots ordered by CBS
- Chevy Chase, Beverly D'Angelo in ABC pilot
- Monica Potter comedy gets NBC pilot order
- Chris Weitz in as 'Star Wars' film writer: Report
- Dropkick Murphys vote no on pol using song
- Cosby accused by ex-film exec Cindra Ladd