Sean Combs is back with a new name this week, and though expectations were high, the results are less than scintillating. While ”Diddy” scores points for brevity and ease of pronunciation, it lacks the zippy charm of the groundbreaking ”Puff Daddy,” and fails to expound the themes of his most recent moniker, ”P. Diddy.” Achieving neither the audaciousness of Prince’s unpronounceable symbol, nor the sly mystic qualities of Madonna’s ”Madge,” Combs might just as well have called himself ”Duddy.” Maybe next time.
Combs re-dubs himself... again
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' gig for Jenny Slate
- Tom Hiddleston wrote Thanks for Loki note
- Allison Williams as Peter Pan for NBC
- Directors push deal for Kodak movie film
- 'Blacklist' gig for Krysten Ritter
- 'Essential *NSYNC' is news to *NSYNC?
- Jim Gaffigan series to air on TV Land
- 'CSI' role for Mark Valley
- 'Once Upon a Time' casts Hans, Pabbie
- 'Star Wars': Marvel Comics reveals plans