Sean Combs is back with a new name this week, and though expectations were high, the results are less than scintillating. While ”Diddy” scores points for brevity and ease of pronunciation, it lacks the zippy charm of the groundbreaking ”Puff Daddy,” and fails to expound the themes of his most recent moniker, ”P. Diddy.” Achieving neither the audaciousness of Prince’s unpronounceable symbol, nor the sly mystic qualities of Madonna’s ”Madge,” Combs might just as well have called himself ”Duddy.” Maybe next time.
Combs re-dubs himself... again
- 'Manhattan Love Story' canceled by ABC
- 'Ouija' is Friday's No. 1 movie: $8.3M
- Jack Bruce, bassist for Cream, dies at 71
- Rainn Wilson's Vine series: Curtis Lepore out
- 'Constantine' off to modest start in ratings
- Ewan McGregor vs. 'Star Wars' faux fans
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC
- Billy Boyd song for next 'Hobbit' end-credits
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- 'Project Runway' winner: 'It's just sinking in'