Kudos to CBS for hiring Ellen DeGeneres again to host the Emmys. She did such a stellar job four years ago, rescuing the awards show after 9/11, and she’s certainly on top of her game now. She’s got her work cut out for her lifting the show out of the ratings slump it’s been in for the last couple of years, but she sounds ready for the job. ”You know me,” she said in a statement, ”any excuse to put on a dress.” I just hope she doesn’t have to recuse herself as host if her girlfriend’s show, Arrested Development, wins big.
Ellen DeGeneres: Best. Emmy. Host. Ever.
- 'Deadpool' movie set for February 2016
- Michael Bay 'Untitled Cocaine Project' at TNT
- 'Voice' winner Josh Kaufman gets B'way role
- 'Red Band Society' debuts to sickly ratings
- 'Godzilla' has a 'Breaking Bad' Easter egg
- Darrell Hammond is new 'SNL' announcer
- 'Agents of SHIELD' brings back 'Donnie Gill'
- '7th Heaven' cast reunites (minus Ruthie)
- 'Magic Mike XXL': No Matthew McConaughey
- Aubrey Plaza: Voice of Lifetime's Grumpy Cat