Kudos to CBS for hiring Ellen DeGeneres again to host the Emmys. She did such a stellar job four years ago, rescuing the awards show after 9/11, and she’s certainly on top of her game now. She’s got her work cut out for her lifting the show out of the ratings slump it’s been in for the last couple of years, but she sounds ready for the job. ”You know me,” she said in a statement, ”any excuse to put on a dress.” I just hope she doesn’t have to recuse herself as host if her girlfriend’s show, Arrested Development, wins big.
Aug 15 2005 01:49 PM ET
Ellen DeGeneres: Best. Emmy. Host. Ever.
- 'Anchorman 2': We know that mustache...
- Patricia Clarkson joins 'Maze Runner' cast
- Chris Harrison 'Bachelorette' blog
- Russell Brand jolts 'Morning Joe': Watch
- Lil Wayne statement on flag uproar
- Dan Harmon sorry for 'Community' slam
- Ryan Reynolds exits 'Highlander' remake
- 'Man of Steel' gets religion?