Check out Green Day’s poignant new video for ”Wake Me Up When September Ends.” The seven-minute epic features actress-of-the-moment Evan Rachel Wood and Jamie Bell (left, of Billy Elliot fame) as teenage lovers wrenchingly separated when he enlists in the military and goes off to fight in Iraq. Samuel Bayer, who has directed all of Green Day’s recent videos (and, incidentally, the pep-rally-from-hell clip for Nirvana’s "Smells Like Teen Spirit”), tells MTV News that ”September” is the best thing he’s ever done — and it’s hard to argue.
Hot new video: Green Day's "Wake Me When September Ends"
- Columbus Short accused of threat to wife
- James Franco vs. N.Y. Times reviewer
- 'X-Men' director accused of sex abuse
- 'Mrs Doubtfire 2'? Count Mara Wilson out
- AC/DC: Malcolm Young 'taking a break'
- Cannes Film Festival '14 lineup revealed
- Jack Gleeson react to 'Thrones' twist: Pic
- Channing Tatum + 'X-Men'? Gambit talk