Oh yeah, this makes sense: The NFL is entering into a season-long promotional partnership with the Rolling Stones, whose Detroit concert on the Sept. 6 release date of the band’s A Bigger Bang CD will be excerpted during the NFL Opening Kickoff 2005 special on ABC two days later. It’s a natural fit, right? Because when you see 60-something British rockers dispensing leering sexual innuendo, you think of pro football, don’t you? Let me get this straight, Nicollette Sheridan is too risqué a promotional partner for the NFL, but the Stones are family-friendly now? A few years down the road, Marilyn Manson will be rocking the kickoff, and then I will feel as old as Mick and Keith put together.
Sympathy for the Censors: Rolling Stones and the NFL
- Jim Gaffigan series to air on TV Land
- 'CSI' role for Mark Valley
- Paramount apology for 'TMNT' 9/11 poster
- 'Once Upon a Time' casts Hans, Pabbie
- 'Star Wars': Marvel Comics reveals plans
- 'Goldfinch' movie rights go to...
- Kyra Sedgwick: 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' gig
- 'Arrow' casts J.R. Ramirez as Wildcat
- 'Avengers 2' props shown at Comic-Con