Oh yeah, this makes sense: The NFL is entering into a season-long promotional partnership with the Rolling Stones, whose Detroit concert on the Sept. 6 release date of the band’s A Bigger Bang CD will be excerpted during the NFL Opening Kickoff 2005 special on ABC two days later. It’s a natural fit, right? Because when you see 60-something British rockers dispensing leering sexual innuendo, you think of pro football, don’t you? Let me get this straight, Nicollette Sheridan is too risqué a promotional partner for the NFL, but the Stones are family-friendly now? A few years down the road, Marilyn Manson will be rocking the kickoff, and then I will feel as old as Mick and Keith put together.
Sympathy for the Censors: Rolling Stones and the NFL
- Sony hires real-life inspiration for Olivia Pope
- Madonna releases six tracks from 2015 album
- 'Amazing Race' season 25 winners are...
- Sony CEO: We've 'not caved, not given in'
- FBI officially ties North Korea to Sony hack
- Obama: 'A mistake' to pull 'The Interview'
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- 'White Collar' series finale: How it ended
- Kate Upton is People 'Sexiest Woman Alive'
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks