Oh yeah, this makes sense: The NFL is entering into a season-long promotional partnership with the Rolling Stones, whose Detroit concert on the Sept. 6 release date of the band’s A Bigger Bang CD will be excerpted during the NFL Opening Kickoff 2005 special on ABC two days later. It’s a natural fit, right? Because when you see 60-something British rockers dispensing leering sexual innuendo, you think of pro football, don’t you? Let me get this straight, Nicollette Sheridan is too risqué a promotional partner for the NFL, but the Stones are family-friendly now? A few years down the road, Marilyn Manson will be rocking the kickoff, and then I will feel as old as Mick and Keith put together.
Sympathy for the Censors: Rolling Stones and the NFL
- 'Madam Secretary': Fair ratings for debut
- Colin Farrell: I'm doing 'True Detective 2'
- 'Maze Runner' is No. 1 movie: $32.5M
- 'Maze Runner' sequel set for Sept. 2015
- 'The Strain' react: 'The Third Rail'
- 'Ray Donovan' react: 'Rodef'
- Shonda Rhimes vs. 'N.Y. Times' article
- 'Justified' adds Sam Elliott, Garret Dillahunt
- 'Into the Woods' names not changing: Disney
- 'Supergirl' series finds a home at CBS