Oh yeah, this makes sense: The NFL is entering into a season-long promotional partnership with the Rolling Stones, whose Detroit concert on the Sept. 6 release date of the band’s A Bigger Bang CD will be excerpted during the NFL Opening Kickoff 2005 special on ABC two days later. It’s a natural fit, right? Because when you see 60-something British rockers dispensing leering sexual innuendo, you think of pro football, don’t you? Let me get this straight, Nicollette Sheridan is too risqué a promotional partner for the NFL, but the Stones are family-friendly now? A few years down the road, Marilyn Manson will be rocking the kickoff, and then I will feel as old as Mick and Keith put together.
Sympathy for the Censors: Rolling Stones and the NFL
- 'Colbert Report' to end Dec. 18
- Jack Kirby credit added to Marvel Comics
- Bob Dylan to release covers album in 2015
- 'Mockingjay': 2014's top movie presale tix
- Paul Reubens says Pee-wee movie is on
- Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie series to AMC
- 'Arrested Development': A season 4 remix?
- Netflix: See what's new for November
- 'Game of Thrones' actors sign on for season 7
- Lily Rabe's 'AHS: Asylum' nun in 'Freak Show'