Oh yeah, this makes sense: The NFL is entering into a season-long promotional partnership with the Rolling Stones, whose Detroit concert on the Sept. 6 release date of the band’s A Bigger Bang CD will be excerpted during the NFL Opening Kickoff 2005 special on ABC two days later. It’s a natural fit, right? Because when you see 60-something British rockers dispensing leering sexual innuendo, you think of pro football, don’t you? Let me get this straight, Nicollette Sheridan is too risqué a promotional partner for the NFL, but the Stones are family-friendly now? A few years down the road, Marilyn Manson will be rocking the kickoff, and then I will feel as old as Mick and Keith put together.
Aug 9 2005 08:39 PM ET
Sympathy for the Censors: Rolling Stones and the NFL
- 'Dancing With the Stars' champs are...
- CBS takes 2012-13 ratings crown from Fox
- 'Voice' dedicates song to tornado victims
- Justin Bieber booed: Will he listen?
- Bon Jovi to Bieber: Don't be late!
- 'Criminal Minds' season finale peek
- 'Buffy': 10th anniversary of series finale
- Microsoft debuts next-gen Xbox One