The P.R. Stunt of the Week goes to Chicken of the Sea, for somehow connecting its new TV commercial with Jessica Simpson’s 2003 comments on MTV’s Newlyweds expressing her confusion about whether she was eating chicken or tuna when she partook of their product. ”We’ve learned from Jessica Simpson’s quip heard around the world that humor can be a powerful branding tool, particularly among a younger audience,” Chicken of the Sea president John Signorino said in a company press release; he added that the new campaign ”combines humor with growing concerns about weight management — something many people can identify with.” Um, that’s all very well, John, but what exactly does it have to do with The Dukes of Hazzard starlet?
Jessica Simpson: What's tuna got to do with her?
- 'True Detective 2': Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn
- Christina Applegate to visit 'Web Therapy'
- Whitley Strieber's 'Alien Hunter' as Syfy series
- Lena Dunham has some advice for you
- 'Gotham,' 'Big Bang' start strong in ratings
- 'Once Upon a Time' had Jamie Dornan plans
- 'Agent Carter': Shea Whigham in key role
- Stephen King's '11/22/63' as Hulu miniseries
- 'Game of Thrones': Charles Dance's tease
- N.Y. Times public editor vs. article on Rhimes