Martha Stewart fans — and detractors — got a shot at the ultimate hunch bet yesterday when Stock Tip, a 3-year-old daughter of a mare named Cookingwithmartha, was entered in the fifth race at Saratoga Racecourse. Apparently, there wasn’t much insider information traded about the dark bay filly’s talents, as she eked out a huge upset (scroll down) at odds of 54-1. Naturally, Stock Tip had to survive a claim of foul play from a rival’s jockey before the race was declared official, but she paid $110 for a $2 win ticket to those who kept the faith.
Martha Stewart fans win big with Stock Tip
- 'Lucy' slays 'Hercules': $44M debut
- Quentin Tarantino: 'Hateful Eight' a go
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' in summer '17
- Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman: First photo
- 'Agents of SHIELD': Sexy new character
- 'Gotham' trailer: 'There will be light'
- 'Arrow': Season 3 big bad is...
- 'AHS: Freak Show': Official cast list
- 'Batman vs. Superman' stars in San Diego