Martha Stewart fans — and detractors — got a shot at the ultimate hunch bet yesterday when Stock Tip, a 3-year-old daughter of a mare named Cookingwithmartha, was entered in the fifth race at Saratoga Racecourse. Apparently, there wasn’t much insider information traded about the dark bay filly’s talents, as she eked out a huge upset (scroll down) at odds of 54-1. Naturally, Stock Tip had to survive a claim of foul play from a rival’s jockey before the race was declared official, but she paid $110 for a $2 win ticket to those who kept the faith.
Martha Stewart fans win big with Stock Tip
- 'Madam Secretary': Fair ratings for debut
- Colin Farrell: I'm doing 'True Detective 2'
- 'Maze Runner' is No. 1 movie: $32.5M
- 'Maze Runner' sequel set for Sept. 2015
- 'The Strain' react: 'The Third Rail'
- 'Ray Donovan' react: 'Rodef'
- Shonda Rhimes vs. 'N.Y. Times' article
- 'Justified' adds Sam Elliott, Garret Dillahunt
- 'Into the Woods' names not changing: Disney
- 'Supergirl' series finds a home at CBS