Martha Stewart fans — and detractors — got a shot at the ultimate hunch bet yesterday when Stock Tip, a 3-year-old daughter of a mare named Cookingwithmartha, was entered in the fifth race at Saratoga Racecourse. Apparently, there wasn’t much insider information traded about the dark bay filly’s talents, as she eked out a huge upset (scroll down) at odds of 54-1. Naturally, Stock Tip had to survive a claim of foul play from a rival’s jockey before the race was declared official, but she paid $110 for a $2 win ticket to those who kept the faith.
Martha Stewart fans win big with Stock Tip
- Disney sets 'Moana' as '16 animated feature
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack on tape
- 'Glee' team's horror comedy a go at Fox
- Bethenny Frankel back on 'Real Housewives'
- 'Simpsons World' app to launch Oct. 21
- 'Mulaney' order cut to 13 episodes
- 'My Little Pony' movie set for 2017
- Taylor Swift previews 'Welcome to New York'
- Jay Leno receives Mark Twain Prize
- Emma Stone in 'Cabaret': First Look photo