Martha Stewart fans — and detractors — got a shot at the ultimate hunch bet yesterday when Stock Tip, a 3-year-old daughter of a mare named Cookingwithmartha, was entered in the fifth race at Saratoga Racecourse. Apparently, there wasn’t much insider information traded about the dark bay filly’s talents, as she eked out a huge upset (scroll down) at odds of 54-1. Naturally, Stock Tip had to survive a claim of foul play from a rival’s jockey before the race was declared official, but she paid $110 for a $2 win ticket to those who kept the faith.
Martha Stewart fans win big with Stock Tip
- David Tennant cast as 'Jessica Jones' villain
- Blink-182: Tom DeLonge's 'been exposed'
- Emma Watson as 'Beauty and the Beast' Belle
- 'Frozen' pair to write an NPH Oscars number
- 'Chicago P.D.' role for 'Shameless' alum
- Sam Smith's 'Stay With Me' = Tom Petty cash
- 'Rush Hour,' 2 more pilots ordered by CBS
- Chevy Chase, Beverly D'Angelo in ABC pilot
- Monica Potter comedy gets NBC pilot order
- Chris Weitz in as 'Star Wars' film writer: Report
- Dropkick Murphys vote no on pol using song
- Cosby accused by ex-film exec Cindra Ladd