Martha Stewart fans — and detractors — got a shot at the ultimate hunch bet yesterday when Stock Tip, a 3-year-old daughter of a mare named Cookingwithmartha, was entered in the fifth race at Saratoga Racecourse. Apparently, there wasn’t much insider information traded about the dark bay filly’s talents, as she eked out a huge upset (scroll down) at odds of 54-1. Naturally, Stock Tip had to survive a claim of foul play from a rival’s jockey before the race was declared official, but she paid $110 for a $2 win ticket to those who kept the faith.
Martha Stewart fans win big with Stock Tip
- 'Game of Thrones': 7 rumors debunked
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Kelly McCreary a regular
- CMT doubles up on 'Party Down South'
- Joan Didion doc hits funding goal in a day
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst
- Christian Bale as Steve Jobs, says Sorkin
- Will Smith brings 'Hitch' comedy series to Fox
- 'Bewitched' revival lands at NBC
- Morena Baccarin joining 'Gotham' as...
- Edward Norton reflects on not being the Hulk